Monday, September 7, 2009

Pedestrian Art

"One warm summer evening, a most dear gentleman and I were visiting a local art gallery. The juried offerings were quite varied. Some pieces caught our attention and delight, others not so much. Some were actually quite mundane and not very exciting at all. My comrade-in-art-appreciation made the observation of the exhibits:
"It's so ... pedestrian."

His comment stuck with me as I pondered the whole idea of art being pedestrian. Before I knew it, I was obsessed with turning pedestrians into art."

Yes, I made a book. It was so much fun. I carried my camera around with me constantly and I painted, I collaged, I sketched and I wrote my first Haiku. I was rather obsessed, to say the least. The book is available for your perusal ( the first 15 pages of the 30 page book anyway) at www.blurb.com/books/793607

No comments:

Post a Comment