Saturday, June 9, 2012

I found my paints!

And I have moved once more, back across the mountains to Kennewick  Last move!  Forever! So many boxes. I have finally found my art supplies and managed to put paint on canvas this week.  Tomorrow we celebrate my husband's son's birthday.  So I painted this small piece for Matt.  This is a scarab beetle, dating back to Ancient Egypt, where they were considered good luck beetles. As a symbol of the rising sun and a protector from evil; the Scarab, is also a symbol of rebirth, regeneration and transformation. Good thoughts for a birthday.
 
A dung beetle is sitting at the bar, nursing his gin and tonic.  A beautiful female dung beetle sidles up to him, taps him on the shoulder and says…. “Is this stool taken?” 

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this painting, but, I must admit I am not into beetles... however, I will take a gin and tonic.....

    ReplyDelete