Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mermaid Art
I'd been simmering a thought of making a mermaid collage piece for several weeks when a dear friend hands me a bag of Architectural Digest magazines on Wednesday evening.  Thanks, Cindy. My procrastinative excuse of having no magazines to chop up had just disappeared.  The mermaid is actually done in three pieces, with a silver thread holding her together. I had a therapist once who led me in an exercise where I imagined gold wires running all through my body keeping me grounded and at the same time silver wires running all through me keeping me connected to the universe. I guess my mermaid is more connected to the universe...
Her "frame" is a rusty old wire hanger I found in the parking lot at work.  So hard to pass by things that could be made into found art.

No comments:

Post a Comment