Monday, June 1, 2009

1 tomato, 2 tomato, 3 tomato... no more



Off to the grocery store for inspiration. I gave myself the assignment of finding "something" to inspire me at the grocery store. Just think of all the visual offerings, a medley of shapes and colors. A veritable delicatessen for the senses. My original intent was to find a beautiful flower for inspiration, but was drawn to the produce department. I found these gorgeous, succulent tomatoes on the vine, brought them home and proceeded with a photo shoot.

After well over a week, my daughter looked at me (yes, with that look only a daughter can give to a mother who might be going a little crazy) and informed me that it was time to throw the (only slightly) rotting tomatoes away. I had to agree. I had so hoped to finish the painting while the fruit was still in attendance. But I have my photos. In keeping my time frame somewhat chronological, the shopping and photo shoot took place in mid-March.

No, the painting is not finished yet. Not even started, actually. But this is all part of the process and I am committed to putting paint to canvas. I just keep getting other inspirations and they just seem to elbow their way and crowd to the front of the line. Stay posted for my progress on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment