Monday, June 1, 2009

Rooster


Sometimes inspiration just happens and sometimes it is a melange of thoughts and experiences. My computer sits in my bedroom, the open window overlooking a tall lilac bush, filled with little birds. A few weeks ago, I was in Bellingham eating breakfast with Amanda and Callie at the Old Town Cafe (Very yummy food) and they had a exhibit of paintings of birds. I was mesmerized. All that, mixed with my love of chickens (I know, kinda weird), brought me to this painting. I loved the way the paints mixed on the canvas emerged into a vibrant result. Once I sat down to paint, I was finished in less than 3 hours. I feel that my "style" is emerging.

Thank you to all my friends and family who encourage me in my creativity. I always say that "what I lack in talent, I make up for in enthusiasm." A special thank you to my mentor Whitney; he taught me so much and had such an amazing influence on my life. He died too young and I will reference him occasionally in my posts.


I promise, Emily, I won't turn into one of those strange old ladies that just paints birds.

2 comments:

  1. I love this painting!! And yay for the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Where's the next post?! What, have you been busy or something?

    ReplyDelete