Saturday, October 21, 2017

Mermaid Lino Block print

A dear friend asked me to create a mermaid for her daughter's newly redesigned bathroom.  Since her theme is mermaids, how could I say no?  This last winter I was able to fulfill one of my lifetime dreams of visiting Weeki Wachee in Florida. Real. Live. Mermaids.  Performing an underwater show.  It was pure magic. This visit was proof positive that I am a mermaid.  I should have been performing as a mermaid at Weeki Wachee in the 70s.  A missed destiny that I am making up for now with as much mermaiding as possible!
The linoleum block that I carved for the project.
K's Mermaid





Another iteration using the lino-cut.  Multi-media collage.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the artistry of your mermaids! I am so happy you got to see the real life mermaids in Florida! These three mermaids are all unique, and I am so glad they made it to your blog! Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete